New buildings in Limassol
City on the map
Limassol is a city in the south of Cyprus, located on the shores of the Akrotiri Bay. More than 140,000 people live in Limassol.
Why is it profitable to buy an apartment in Limassol in the new buildings?
The city attracts with its entertainment infrastructure, being at the same time a large business center. Its position in the very center of southern Cyprus (equidistant from Paphos, Larnaca, the capital - Nicosia) provides a constant influx of tourists. It is facilitated by the international seaport, serving not only industrial, but also passenger ships. Moreover, cruises to the nearest countries from the territory of Cyprus are popular, and not vice versa. The direction of Israel is especially popular.
The resort town is located along the Mediterranean coast. Tourists are offered a wide range of entertainment, hotels and resorts of different levels of service are. Almost all city beaches are sandy and pebbly, well equipped, taverns, coastal restaurants and cafes are open everywhere.
Limassol is popular not only for tourism, it is known as a business area. At the same time, the emphasis in the development of the city is placed precisely on the business sphere. In connection with the membership of Cyprus in the EU, interest in the island state of the Middle East and the Russian Federation has increased significantly: offices of foreign companies are being opened, outsourcing, legal services in tax planning and finance are offered. The main rule is confidentiality.
Taking into account the business activity in this region, the cost of real estate on the coast in the Limassol area is quite expensive. It is in Limassol on the Mediterranean coast that the most expensive villas are located.
The city is densely built up mainly with tourist infrastructure: hotels and large resort complexes. Acquisition of a property in Limassol in ownership is, first of all, an investment project. It creates the possibility of regular recreation by the cleanest sea and it brings in rental income. And yet, for many it is especially important, it gives the right to acquire a residence permit.
New buildings in Limassol are a popular segment of the real estate market among middle-income buyers from all over the world. The sale of apartments from developers can be carried out on installment basis, taking into account the immediate proximity to the building object: parking, underground parking, playground, swimming pool, other infrastructure facilities of increased comfort.
The demand for real estate in Limassol in the new buildings is growing. The builders have a lot of experience and positive reviews about the quality. Residential complexes in Limassol offer a large number of housing units, it is built in compliance with the most advanced technologies.
Investments in real estate in Limassol in the new buildings bring high passive income from renting or resale. Of course, an apartment in Limassol is often not a cheap project to acquire, but a high income fully justifies the investment and provides a relatively short payback period.
It is possible to buy an apartment from the developers in Limassol, based on almost any needs, limited only by material capabilities. The range of prices is quite large and reaches $22,500 per square meter for an apartment in white frame condition, however, there are apartments at an affordable price. According to the information provided by the real estate search engine GEOLN.COM, the minimum price per square meter of area is $1,200 (apartments in black frame condition).
Features of purchasing an apartment in Limassol from the developers by foreigners
Apartments in new buildings in Cyprus can be bought by foreign individuals. EU citizens are allowed to buy real estate without restrictions and without the need to obtain any permits from government authorities. Citizens of countries outside the EU require permission from the Council of Ministers. Only two things are checked: whether the buyer has problems with the law, whether he has previously purchased housing (a foreign citizen has the right to purchase in his own name no more than two objects with an area of up to 4,014 sq.m.).
Highlights of Limassol and its surroundings
Limassol is rich in historical sights, the history of Cyprus is more than 10,000 years old. In Limassol itself, not far from it, there is a lot of things to see and to go. The following objects are particularly interesting:
- the remains of the ancient city of Amathus, 5 km from Limassol (early Christian basilica, the sanctuary of Aphrodite, baths, aqueduct systems);
- Kolossi Castle, 10 km from Limassol;
- the ancient city of Kourion (mosaics were found, testifying to the conversion of the Cypriots to the Christian faith).
- Sanctuary of Apollo of Khilatsky;
- Fortress of Limassol;
- Jami Kebir Mosque, Turkish baths Hamam;
- City Park, Limassol Zoo;
- Limassol Museums: Museum of the Middle Ages, Folk Art, Archaeological Museum, Limassol Art Gallery.
In which area is it better to invest and live?
New buildings in Limassol from the developers are being built everywhere, in large numbers and in different categories of comfort, that is, there is plenty to choose from. A special issue is the district. The city is divided into administrative regions, each of which has its own name and territorial zone. In practice, the following are distinguished:
- from the Old Port to the Municipal Park, the main attractions, basic infrastructure, as well as numerous shops and cafes are concentrated here;
- the old town - it is loved by tourists who prefer to live near cultural heritage sites. The disadvantages of the area include the lack of large parking lots and noisy environment. In addition, the main base of residential real estate in the area is made up of old houses. An exception is the Marina of Limassol, where the construction of luxury villas and high-rise buildings is underway;
- central area - from the municipal park to the Anaerios car park. It is an oasis of greenery and shady coolness; the Municipal Park is located here. The area is predominantly high-rise buildings and is populated mainly by families with children. There are many schools, kindergartens, various sections, banks, dental clinics, medical centers. There is almost no elite real estate, with rare exceptions, mostly economy options. Despite this, the price of housing is quite high.
- the area of the ERA supermarket (formerly Debenhams) - from the Anaerios parking lot to the Crowne Plaza hotel, the most developed area in terms of infrastructure: entertainment, cultural and sports facilities, large supermarkets. A huge plus is the proximity of the city beach. The area is compact, everything you need is located nearby.
- Yermasoyia area - from the Crowne Plaza hotel to the Londa hotel. This is the coastal part of Limassol, characterized by a calm atmosphere and an abundance of greenery. Located along the coastal line, built up with low-rise buildings overlooking the sea, it is considered prestigious, perhaps the best in Limassol, the eucalyptus grove pleases the residents. Living in this area is a pleasure;
- tourist zone - from the Londa hotel to the excavations of ancient Amathus. Tourists are lodged in this coastal part. Hotels, small shops and souvenir kiosks are concentrated here;
- Amathus area - from the excavations of ancient Amathus to leaving the city in the direction of Larnaca - comfort, prestige, aroma of the sea. There are mostly villas with large private territory, townhouses and etc. Now the construction of new residential complexes is underway. It is an ideal place for permanent residence. The cost per square meter, despite the remoteness (outskirts of the city), is far from the lowest in Limassol.
Purchasing an apartment in the new buildings in Limassol is an ideal project for a better quality of life or family planning; it is ensuring a wonderful future for children and a profitable investment.