Turkey is a popular destination for tourists from all over the world. Most tourists come to Turkish beaches for the wonderful climate and nature of the sea coast, or for cultural, architectural, archaeological sites and shopping.
Many tourists like Turkey so much that they want to stay longer in the country, buy property by the sea and at the same time get a residence permit. Requests for a Turkish residence permit are relevant, since on the basis of the status of a residence permit, foreign citizens have all equal rights with Turkish citizens, except for the right to participate in elections and serve in the army.
Foreign citizens purchasing housing in Turkey can obtain a residence permit for a period of 1 year and have the opportunity to renew it for 5 years. The cost of obtaining a residence permit is $200 (for a period of 12 months).
To obtain a residence permit, you will need the following documents:
- Passport. The validity period of the passport on the day of submission of the documents must correspond to the period of the residence permit;
- Tax number. Issued free of charge at the tax office, within 10-15 minutes;
- Medical insurance obtained in Turkey. The cost of obtaining medical insurance is about 1000 TL/year for one person. There is a difference in the cost of health insurance for men and women. It is more expensive for women.
- A copy of the pages of the passport. A page with a photo and a page showing the date of the last entry;
- 4 color photographs of passport format;
- A completed application form for obtaining or renewing a residence permit is issued at the local police department for foreigners; Carefully fill out the Application Form and only in block letters, the address must be absolutely readable!
- A copy of the TAPU, the original must be with you at the time of submitting documents;
- Bank statement for the amount of 500 USD for one month.
- Receipt for payment:
- Registration card, cost 50 TL
- State duty (for Mr. Ukraine + 182 TL for a year)
To date, the term for consideration of documents takes up to 4 weeks.
A residence permit in Turkey can also be obtained on the basis of:
- family ties (marriage with a citizen of the country or the presence of Turkish relatives);
- work or study in the country;
- people accompanying minors studying in educational institutions in Turkey;
- people referred for treatment to Turkey.
Many European countries, found themselves in a financial crisis, were forced to increase the financial limit for obtaining a residence permit. For example, Portugal and Spain have set the minimum value of a property at 500,000 euros, in Greece, the purchase of real estate exceeds 250,000 euros for issuing a residence permit for a period of 5 years.
Turkey, on the other hand, refused to use financial limits when buying real estate, established in other European countries.
If you have selected properties from Turkish developers and are considering purchasing opportunities, we advise you to use the property purchase transaction support service. Geoline experts will advise you online and local representatives in Turkey will accompany the transaction.
Buy verified real estate with Geoline - a marketplace of verified real estate from developers and owners without intermediaries.